Thursday, December 1, 2011

Headache Diary: 2 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days

I have not posted on here in almost a week. It has not been great. Work has been hectic, the headache has been worse, and I have not been in the best of spirits. My headache has been felt all day long the past three days or so. It does not hurt, the Indomethacin takes care of that, in as much as I seem to have some kind of neuralgia going on with the nerves of the Trigeminal Nerve cluster in the right side of my face, and an extreme sensitivity to light and sound. I had to assign "quiet work" for my students today and wear a new pair of sunglasses that I just got yesterday that completely block out the light coming in around the sides of the lenses for the drive home. As for the nerve/sensation issue...I keep getting little "zaps" down the right side of my skull and up onto my face as well as a combined sense that my right side of my face is partially numb, yet stinging at the same time with a very frequent crawling sensation like something is touching my face with twinge inducing feet. I do not mean to say in any way that I think things are crawling on me...I just cannot explain the feelings that the nerves in the skin on the right side of my face are having in any better words. It is likely hard for people to understand what I mean, but I would wish that you never know for yourself what this is like. I would not wish it on anyone. I co-teach two classes per day with another teacher. We were talking after one class today and she suddenly asked me if I was okay. She said that the right side of my face had turned a flushed color for a brief instant and then went back to normal. All I had noticed was that while I was listening to her at the moment she stopped our line of discussion to check on me was that the room seemed really bright for just an instant...apparently the flushing of my right cheek is something new and coincided with me thinking the room was bright. Lucky me. On a last good note, it is almost the weekend.

No comments: