Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Headache Diary Day 75: Not TMJ

Just as I am still somewhat new to this never-ending headache (or having anything wrong with me in general) we are still ruling things out. I went to the dentist today for my 6 month cleaning and was due X-rays as I had not had them done in a good while. The dentist says that my headache is definitely not a symptom of TMJ or anything dental in nature. He said my joints look great and there is no mis-alignment of my jaw whatsoever. After telling him about my headache for 75 days and the reduced sensation in the right side of face off and on daily, he says that definitely sounds like dysfunction of the trigeminal cluster of nerves, he cannot imagine dealing with a nonstop headache for 75 days, and he wishes he could tell me it was TMJ. If it were that...he would know exactly how to fix it. Oh well, check one more possibility off the list. All things again point to Hemicrania Continua.

No comments: