Thursday, October 16, 2008

Screen Grab



Since Halloween is nearing and I am a fan of both the holiday and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I chose a screen capture from an episode title Buffy vs. Dracula in season five of the series. It is a 589x337 pixel 20.6 KB JPEG file that I got from a fan website. I retrieved the image by opening it, right clicking the image, selecting "copy image", then pasting it into Paint. Upon pasting it in I used the spraypaint tool, the shape tool, and the text tool to alter the image.

I can definitely see applications for this in the classroom. Students in geography, for example, could take an image of a landscape and diagram the geographic details of that image as an assignment. This is something that I actually used to do a lot as a kid (paste images into paint and alter them)for fun.


Fred

No comments: